simetimes it runs other times no - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > simetimes it runs other times no

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-24-2007, 01:08 PM   #1
leserz

simetimes it runs other times no

[SIZE="4"] this is weird for a first post. ok i'm looking at a 93 XJ thats for sale. said it ran then stopped later that day it started a few days later no spark to the plugs. now is there a way to hot wire it so it could be driven about 350 miles ? i think i remember how to on my old stock car's of the 60- 70"s era then that was a long time age. but with the electronics's they have these days. no idea if it can be done. well i'm sure it can be done i just don't know how to. no i'm not a amateur car thief or anything. LOL i would like to have it but i can't afford to rent a vehicle and a tow dolly to tow it that many miles so can any one help ? i have never owned a Jeep other than a DJ5A postal but to me that don't count as a real jeep. i have had fords for a while now and the computers and ignitions they have are a pain to me. but i'm sure the jeeps are about the same then may not be as bad.

leserz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2007, 02:53 PM   #2
curtjames37
1998 XJ Cherokee 

The computer needs input from various sensors to run properly. If one of the sensors is not functioning or is functioning improperly then it won't run. Hotwiring it won't solve your problems.

Here is an article that may help you out:
Quote:
CHECKING THE COIL AND CPS TESTING PROCEDURES
http://autorepair.about.com/library/faqs/bl077g.htm
curtjames37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2007, 08:35 PM   #3
leserz

thanks for your help. i'm 400 miles away from it. and have no way to tow it or the cash to do both. oh well.
leserz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2007, 10:30 PM   #4
curtjames37
1998 XJ Cherokee 

It might be best to let that one go then. I don't know exactly what you're looking for in an XJ but they can be found pretty cheap just about anywhere. Try looking for one a little closer to home.
curtjames37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.