sealing bellhousing to keep mud off clutch - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > sealing bellhousing to keep mud off clutch

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-17-2011, 07:05 AM   #16
Racing66atv
2005 TJ Wrangler 

the new NSG370 trans has the plate. 05 and up manuel jeeps have em. Maybe you can take the slave cylinder out and put water in through the hole while te engine is running. tno matter how much water you spray in there all the components will still have a thin layer of mud on them. I toasted my throw out bearing in mud, and cleaned it with water because I though maybe it was dirty. But the next day I took the trans out and although I flushed it with water there was still a thin layer of mud over everything.

Racing66atv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2012, 05:45 AM   #17
funshootin1
1998 TJ Wrangler 

old thread but i was thinking about sealing/ venting mine at one point . . new t/o bearing every 6 months or less sux. instead ive been packing them with marine grease and it helps them last longer, the seal on the bearing is better on some than others and on the last one i swapped in i mixed n matched parts from 3 new units to obtain the tightest sealing area around the bearing. lasted year and a half and now its squealing so im revisiting the idea of sealing it. . seeing as my jeep is a mess of parts and a rolling experiment anyway im going to seal it up and make vents and drain plugs.
Unread 07-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #18
ThomasYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

If you do tap your bellhousing and run a hose to your intake, just be sure to run a vent hose for the air supply.
ThomasYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #19
funshootin1
1998 TJ Wrangler 

doubt I would hook to intake ..the Turbo pressurizes the intake tract I'd be sending boost to the bellhousing LOL! I'm thinking 3/4 in and out on the left n right and a plug at the bottom. just gonna route the hoses up high.
Unread 08-16-2012, 04:53 PM   #20
funshootin1
1998 TJ Wrangler 

update... craziest thing guys, I decided to go wheelin and throw caution to the wind, well...honestly i didnt care anymore about the possibility of t/o going kaput ..due to developments on the homefront concerning me finding 3 months worth of private sexting between my wife and some stranger on facebook and a freind who decided to end his life the same day...so me not giving a damn I took to the local trails and proceeded to thrash on the jeep a bit harder than usual. well, the sound went away, its quiet...totally quiet now. go figure. not sure how long this non repair will last but it gives me time . been out 2 more times since and did some short runs around town. all is well.
Unread 10-02-2012, 08:15 AM   #21
Moparfreud

Mudd and crank sensor

I buried my jeep in mudd in tennessee cornfield and smoked clutch and also the crank sensor....But I kept shifting like hell to get out and buried it till you couldnt see the tires. Didn't feel like takeing the 3 mile hike back to farm which I did anyway so I ended up getting very large tractor to pull me out which slung about 3x8" slugs of mud at me before it came free.. That mudd hurt by the way...LOL.. Boy that was stupid to stand by those tractor tires. Got it on video though. Jeep was all stock then ....... Point is mudd can ruin the crank sensor also. But i did shift around to hell to get it out to no avail....
Moparfreud is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.