Replacing head gasket and everything is out...how to clean?
So i blew my head gasket and now i am replacing said gasket. I have the head, intake manifold and throttle body all laid out on my work bench and they are pretty gross.
I have heard all kinds of things on how to clean but i would love just a clear answer.
1) What can i use? I know its an iron head and not as soft as aluminum.
2) Where can i find the cleaning solvents?
3) what are the best tools to use?
4) do i need to remove the valves?
Now questions on how i go about deciding the re install
1) to mill or not to mill?
2) should i just call it a day and get an exchange head?
3) can i just re-install the old head with new gasket and bolts and do a compression test with nothing hooked up? If its good then am i in the clear?
Any help would be awesome....just trying to figure out where to go from here.
2003 Wrangler Rubicon Intense Blue- 4" Rough Country X-Series lift - Bilstein 5100 Shocks - Currie RockJock V-Bumper and Rock Crawler Rear bumper - Badlands 12K winch - Tom Woods DS - KC Slimlites - KC Headlight conversion with 4300K HID - 285/75/16 BFG MT KM2 on Rubicon Wheels