Replacement u-joint snap rings - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Replacement u-joint snap rings

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 11-02-2009, 06:43 PM   #1
JiffyPark
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Replacement u-joint snap rings

So where in the heck do you get replacement Spicer u-joint sanp rings? I'm in the process of rebuilding my front drive shaft and the u-joints are fine so I'll be reusing them but I need new snap rings. Tried looking online and came up empty. Then tried calling a couple of local places and they were no help.

JiffyPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2009, 06:51 PM   #2
flatlander757
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Are they the snap rings from the CV joint side the ones you need?

If so I am going to be rebuilding my driveshaft with different joints and whatnot so if you like I can take all those snap rings off and mail them to you.

PM me your mailing address if you want them, I think I can just put the clips in an envelope and send them your way. They are from my stock TJ front shaft, should be about 50k miles on them.

If you want brand new, I don't know where you would find those.

Perhaps just buy some cheap u-joints from the parts store for the clips and have some spare u-joints.

Try calling Tom Woods as I bet he can help out, when I was running one of his shafts he sent me a ton of grease fittings for the shaft since I lost one of them on a trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006 Sport
Being able to make vroom vroom noises in Tonys Jeep was the highlight of my life.
Currently Jeepless.
flatlander757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2009, 11:15 PM   #3
JiffyPark
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It's for all 3 u-joints on the front shaft. That is very generous of you. If I don't find anything local I might take you up on the offer.
JiffyPark is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.