removing AC parts, not compressor......Any tips? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > removing AC parts, not compressor......Any tips?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery Mounts

Unread 01-20-2002, 05:04 PM   #1
Brendan

removing AC parts, not compressor......Any tips?

I am going to take out all the ac crap that is in my Yj. I am leaving the compressor, because I might want to use it someday for compressed air. I am taking out the blower unit under that dash, and possibly that radiator like thing in front of my radiator. I don't know if freeon is going to come out of my compressor or not. Any help is always appreciated.

95 YJ 2.5L 5 Speed

Fightin a war against Florida Rust!
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2002, 08:31 AM   #2
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

My question is why? Is it causing a problem?

You should take it and have it purged first because it is illegal to empty freon into the air. That blower thing also is the blower for your heater, so if you don't want any heating, you better leave it alone. All you can really remove is that radiator looking thing (condensor) and the compressor which you don't want to remove. So what are you gaining?

[Jeep Pics
igofshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2002, 02:24 PM   #3
Brendan

Lots of very good points, I don't think the AC unit under the dash is my heater blower, There is a heater blower on the passenger's side against the firewall. When I turn the nob on the unit lots of air comes out, but it never goes on when my heat goes on, they are different things. Where would I go to get my AC purged?

95 YJ 2.5L 5 Speed

Fightin a war against Florida Rust!
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.