remote oil radiator - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > remote oil radiator

99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Dark Headlights Clear Cor99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Chrome Headlights99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Dark Headlights

Unread 02-16-2002, 08:21 PM   #1
evilpsych

remote oil radiator

k guys, this is a related post to the one about electric fans. How hard is it to run a oil cooling radiator to the engine and mount it in front of the radiator. I'm guessing it's a fitting that you can directly screw into the oil filter hookup similar to a remote filter setup, then the passthrough to the filter.. anyone do this? i havent seen a writeup on any of the site for this, I'm also interested in a transmission cooler as well.. if they exist or if you even need one for a manual tranny..

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2002, 08:41 PM   #2
Mat&His97XJ

rustys offroad sells one, maybe you can find some info there
Unread 02-24-2002, 03:03 AM   #3
MuddyCJ5

evil, Your right. It is just a fitting that replaces the the filter, similar to a remote setup. They are a pretty good investment, not hard to install. Your engine will run much cooler (it takes a huge load off of the engine coolant) and oil will do a better job. It's one the first things i do to anything i plan to keep. Happy Trails, Dan
MuddyCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads
  • amp 12v remote? - Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio (13 replies)
  • Remote Mount CB? - Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio (3 replies)
  • amp remote wire - Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio (9 replies)
  • Remote - Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio (2 replies)
  • Remote Starter - Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio (3 replies)

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.