Rebuilding TH400 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Rebuilding TH400

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 10-20-2009, 12:57 AM   #1
LJameson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Rebuilding TH400

I'm gonna start jumping into the Turbo 400 in my CJ7 and rebuild it myself. What I'd like to know is what rebuild kit do you guys recommend? Also, which torque converter. It's not going to be built for performance, I just want recommendations for quality parts. The only thing I'd like to ''modify'' is the shift points, it shifts too soon for my liking.

-Chris LeDoux

I never could figure what the sky was thinking, but the soil, she don't keep too many secrets.
LJameson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2009, 10:49 AM   #2
backwoodsgoop

I have always used Transtar parts and PDQ converters quality parts ,as far as shift points the T400 has an adjustable vac modulator you can turn the screw in or out to get the desired shift points,if it still shifts to early you can change the springs in the govenor.
backwoodsgoop is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.