Rebuilding my 4.0 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Rebuilding my 4.0

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 08-27-2005, 02:13 PM   #1
Mark1490

Rebuilding my 4.0

Where is a good place to order parts. Are there any tricks I should now about before I start putting it back togther. Any info would help.
Thanks Mark

Mark1490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2005, 09:10 AM   #2
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

- Mark every wire and hose (at both ends of each) with masking tape and a sharpie so you know where everything goes.

- Also, bag and tag all bolts removed.

- Place cardboard and or kitty litter on the garage floor under the jeep to catch the oil and coolant that's going to come out when you pull the engine.

- When the motor is out, why not pressure wash the engine bay? Make it look nice.

- Are you going to disassemble the block?
Unread 09-05-2005, 02:21 PM   #3
twisted_ed

i second that, pressure wash the bay good, fix any rusted spots, degrease the piss out of it and then paint the prick.... it might take you an extra couple days or a weekend. but when the engines in it , it will look perfect... mabe even tidy up the wiring a little

theres alot of waires in my engine room without loom covering it, im gonna get some and cover all the wires to tidy it up some.
NP242 Transfer case
Dana 30 front, 35 custom rear differentials

Mods:

RE 4.5" Lift
32x11.50 BFGoodRich M/T KM's
American Eagle 058 Polished Aluminum Wheels, 3.63" BS.
Grand Cherokee Rear Disc Brake setup
Custom Downpipe W/ Cat Removed.
Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler.
Surco Roof Rack

My Jeep
twisted_ed is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.