rebuild or new engine?? need help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > rebuild or new engine?? need help

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-05-2013, 09:27 PM   #1
dallaspereira
1995 YJ Wrangler 

rebuild or new engine?? need help

just bought a 1995 jeep yj sahara edition 4.0 with about 140k , lifted with 33s on it, nice body all the way around, but it has a cracked header and wont pass the etest.. ive talked to different people and have been told to do all kinds of things, its not worth putting money into, fix the header my self, replace the whole engine... need some help on what i should do here? any suggestions are greatly appreciated

dallaspereira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 10:48 PM   #2
idiot magnet
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Replace the header and get another etest done. Why rebuild an engine over this? Seems strange and a waste of money to me.
Find out why it's failing beside the header if the etest tells you that.
[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Indyorv.com[/FONT][/FONT]
idiot magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 10:51 PM   #3
idiot magnet
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiot magnet
Replace the header and get another etest done. Why rebuild an engine over this? Seems strange and a waste of money to me.
Find out why it's failing beside the header if the etest tells you that.
If you need a good honest mechanic let me know. My uncle is in Lasalle and has been in business for many years.
[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Indyorv.com[/FONT][/FONT]
idiot magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 04:57 AM   #4
uberxj92
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Yea man just replace the header. At your mileage that 4.0 is just broken in.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.