Rebuild kit? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Rebuild kit?

Zone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-26-2005, 06:52 PM   #1
Rock1127

Rebuild kit?

I have advertised my engine from my '93 ZJ for freebie/sale and have had a few hits, but no takers so far.

I figure if it doesn't sell, I will attempt to rebuild it myself with help from a local machine shop and haynes/chiltons manual. Since it won't be for use, I figure why not teach myself some things.

I would like to, of course, buy a rebuild kit. I am TOTALLY new to this whole thing. I know the basics pretty much. I will need to bore the piston chamber to accomodate the next largest size piston, etc. I'll be reading up on it as well. I just would like to know of WHERE to buy such a kit at a reasonable price? Any help would be great!

Rock1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2005, 07:56 PM   #2
Neener Neener
1993 YJ Wrangler 

where are you located?

[QUOTE=Al The Killer]My monkey likes your monkey[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Grape Ape] Just go get one and lick it when you get the urge. [/QUOTE]

[url]www.immigrationcounters.com[/url]
Neener Neener is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2005, 08:31 PM   #3
Rock1127

Macon, GA. Approx. 2 hours south of Atlanta.

Edit: Ahh, see you're in Savannah. I'm about 2 hours from you, too.
Rock1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2005, 10:37 AM   #4
pushead

Buy the kit from the machine shop that does all your work.
Unread 07-27-2005, 06:26 PM   #5
gosupes
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushead
Buy the kit from the machine shop that does all your work.
I agree. They will set you up with the correct size bearings, pistons, rings, etc. They do the machine work, you assemble.
1986 CJ7, 4.2 w/4.0 head, TFI-HEI hybrid ignition, Clifford manifold w/Holley 390 w/cold air intake, OBA, 4.5" lift, Woody CV shaft and Tattons in front, 4.10 gears - lunchbox in front, Truetrac in the back, twin-sticked, blower upgrade for running topless, trying to keep it simple.

It's just a Jeep, and if you don't wheel it once in a while, it's not even that.
gosupes is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.