Rear Driveshaft compatibility for 93 YJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Rear Driveshaft compatibility for 93 YJ

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 10-21-2013, 02:12 PM   #1
kawenam808
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Rear Driveshaft compatibility for 93 YJ

My Rear driveshaft busted and now I'm looking for a replacement part, but as I search, I am seeing that there are different lengths of shafts. My part is off a 93 wrangler, 4 cylinder, 4x4, manual trans, with a 3" susp. lift, and 4" block lift. The shaft from ubolt to ubolt is about 15 & 3/8" long, and about 22" total with the NP231 universal slip yoke. What I was wondering was, is it possible to put a rear driveshaft from a 6 cylinder, manual into our 4 cylinder manual, or are there any other driveshafts that are compatible with ours?

kawenam808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 09:20 AM   #2
Evildriver-3
1995 ZJ 

Center to center of joint ? driveline is all measured center to center, not sure what a u bolt measurement is

If you need 15" you could find a longer shaft visit your local driveline shop and have it shortened.

Less than 8 is like playing with half a deck
]=Supershafts=[
Long Island Motorsports Association
Evildriver-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 12:16 PM   #3
kawenam808
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks, but i found one the same length as mines. I was talking about the length the to shaft itself, not including the slip yoke. Plus we only have one machine shop here and they charge an arm and a leg for that kind of work.
kawenam808 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.