Rear Driveshaft compatibility for 93 YJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Rear Driveshaft compatibility for 93 YJ

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 10-21-2013, 02:12 PM   #1
kawenam808
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Rear Driveshaft compatibility for 93 YJ

My Rear driveshaft busted and now I'm looking for a replacement part, but as I search, I am seeing that there are different lengths of shafts. My part is off a 93 wrangler, 4 cylinder, 4x4, manual trans, with a 3" susp. lift, and 4" block lift. The shaft from ubolt to ubolt is about 15 & 3/8" long, and about 22" total with the NP231 universal slip yoke. What I was wondering was, is it possible to put a rear driveshaft from a 6 cylinder, manual into our 4 cylinder manual, or are there any other driveshafts that are compatible with ours?

kawenam808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 09:20 AM   #2
Evildriver-3
1995 ZJ 

Center to center of joint ? driveline is all measured center to center, not sure what a u bolt measurement is

If you need 15" you could find a longer shaft visit your local driveline shop and have it shortened.

Less than 8 is like playing with half a deck
]=Supershafts=[
Long Island Motorsports Association
Evildriver-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 12:16 PM   #3
kawenam808
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks, but i found one the same length as mines. I was talking about the length the to shaft itself, not including the slip yoke. Plus we only have one machine shop here and they charge an arm and a leg for that kind of work.
kawenam808 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.