Rear axle decision - Pro Rock 60 or Rock Jock 60 (Currie or G2)? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Rear axle decision - Pro Rock 60 or Rock Jock 60 (Currie or G2)?

Rugged Ridge 07-14 JK Sherpa Roof Rack available @ Oconee Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-Road

Unread 07-26-2013, 02:55 AM   #1
Radar_Sweden
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Rear axle decision - Pro Rock 60 or Rock Jock 60 (Currie or G2)?

Hi guys!

Need some advice here, advice from someone with real experience preferably.

The thing is that i have acquired a Dynatrack Pro Rock 44 front axle stuffed with RCVs and locked with an ARB for a price that was to good to ignore.

The dilemma now is to get a suitable rear axle. The choice is between Pro Rock ad RockJock as the title says. However, cost is a factor here, mind you that anything brought over from the US to Sweden will basically double in price.

Thats why i have been looking at the G2 Rockjock 60 assembly found at Summit.
But the logical side of me says be aware, how come they sell it for half the price of Curries RJ60, whats missing in the G2 ones?

So, is it safe to go the G2 route or should i just cough up the dough and go for the real thing, and if so, Rock Jock or Pro Rock?

To help you help me, heres some info bout my rig.

Its a 2006 TJ with 2,5" lift + 1" BL
4,0L and 42RLE trans. and stock transfer case
Will be doing a Hi Line build (AEV) and put 37" KM2s on 17" beadlock wheels.
The new axle has 5.13 gears. The only thing missing for the build to start is the rear axle and some cosmetics, everything else is sitting in my garage.

We do not Rock Crawl here as you do over there, from what ive seen on Youtube, our trails are most likely comparable to the eastern trails of US. Its woodlands, with the occasional boulder field, mostly mud, sand and ruts.

And before you start nagging about building my existing Rear 44, no way. I will buy a new axle, come hell or high water. The 44 will be sold to fund the build. They are hard to come by over here so it will be a walk in the park.

Radar_Sweden is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
RWKHausSupply
1990 XJ Cherokee 

The G/2 is a small axle bearing, small axle end, small disc mounting, axle.

If your interested in a Currie, let me know. I can discount over most any ones axle build prices.
RWKHausSupply is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #3
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

37's with 3.5" of lift. hope you cut some sheet metal.
BlueRubiconrich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #4
Radar_Sweden
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRubiconrich View Post
37's with 3.5" of lift. hope you cut some sheet metal.
Sort of, if youd read my post youd noticed that there is a Hi Line in the plan.
Unread 10-07-2013, 10:10 AM   #5
Radar_Sweden
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Im more and more leaning towards the Dynatrac PR60. Its specified to my liking by our Swedish dealer at a cost of about $5000
Ad to that freight cost, VAT and customs ant the total price will be 60000 SEK ( $9230 ) man i wish Id live in the US instead.

Why the Dynatrac? Well, it kind of makes sense to have the same brand both front and rear. Purely aesthetics :-)
The Rock Jock would cost about $4500 speced similar. And there is not that big of a saving when it finally arrives at my door.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.