Reanix block vs HO block - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Reanix block vs HO block

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-08-2004, 09:12 PM   #1
ST33LR4T

Reanix block vs HO block

i am currently running a 94 4.0L HO block in my yj. i have a line on a 89 4.0L reanix block.

i want the 89 to build a stroker with so i have as little downtime as possible.

can i use the 89 in my yj? ive been told the blocks are pretty much the same...ive also been told the mounting points on the reanix are different then the HO.

ST33LR4T is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2004, 10:38 AM   #2
75SV1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST33LR4T
i am currently running a 94 4.0L HO block in my yj. i have a line on a 89 4.0L reanix block.

i want the 89 to build a stroker with so i have as little downtime as possible.

can i use the 89 in my yj? ive been told the blocks are pretty much the same...ive also been told the mounting points on the reanix are different then the HO.
I can't definately state on this swap. If your vehicle was a Cherokee or Comanche, the reverse of this swap has been done. I bought a 95 4.0L HO block off a guy out of a TJ(for the head). He had an 01 block sitting there he couldn't use. He said the motor mounts wouldn't bolt up. I think on that engine, they didn't drill and tap some of the bosses towards the front of the engine. I am not sure if they have those bosses on the 87-90 Renix blocks, or if they are drilled. During that time, the Wrangler used the 4.2 (258).
Tom
75SV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2004, 08:36 AM   #3
ST33LR4T

ive had one shop tell me its different, then ive had another shop plus some other people tell me it will swap. so im gonna take my chances and pick one up.
ST33LR4T is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.