Re-gear quote - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Re-gear quote

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 09-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
Mfrancis
2014 JK Wrangler 

Re-gear quote

What did those of you who re-geared end up paying for it? I got a quote yesterday for $1800 for both axles going from 3.73 to 4.56 once I get 35s. Seemed a little steep to me, but it was my first quote.

Black 2014 JKU Sport S, 6 speed manual, 3.73 rear end, 2.5" AEV Dualsport XT w/ Bilstein 5100s, 255/75/17 Goodyear Wrangler A/T, Rubicon rock rails, front grill mesh mod, Jeep door sill guards, matte black Jeep grill emblem, matte black exhaust, Synrgy upper and lower bolt swap(highly recommend), tires pending...
Mfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #2
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

High, but not completely off the charts. I think most get it done for $1200-1500 area.
Unread 09-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #3
Tailwheel42
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Figure $400 an axle for labor + whatever parts. At least that's what seems to be the going rate around here.
Tailwheel42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2013, 11:05 PM   #4
uberxj92
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Try transmission shops not big name ones but like single owners.
In Florida we have general mechanic shops that will work with you.
I paid 350 per axle with parts. For straight regear. Same shop I paid $2600 for selectable lockers and gears
Unread 09-28-2013, 04:37 AM   #5
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

I've gotten quotes ranging from $600-$850.

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 11:07 AM   #6
Evildriver-3
1995 ZJ 

$1800 with parts doesn't seem bad. If you want a REAL answer post EXACTLY what you were quoted. . .

I would bet that at 1800 for front and rear diff there is also plenty of parts and which parts and who's

Can't answer this until it's known what you were told.

I can not see both axles for $1200 unless it's all real cheap questionable stuff and no carrier split comes into play, or the labor is way off of which i'd question how well they can do the work at that point, and if someone told you 650 to 800 i would run from that place.

Less than 8 is like playing with half a deck
]=Supershafts=[
Long Island Motorsports Association
Evildriver-3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.