rattle noise at low idle.. 06 TJ 4.0 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > rattle noise at low idle.. 06 TJ 4.0

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 04-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #1
chrome700
2006 TJ Wrangler 

rattle noise at low idle.. 06 TJ 4.0

Went out today and cranked her up. It rattled and I noticed it continued to rattle a low idle.. it has no rhythm it. Sounds like random chatter or rattle.. rev it up or fether the gas and you don't hear it.. It's a automatic trans but I am going to pull the inspection plate and check the converter to flywheel.
My question is.. I noticed there are 2 converters right off the manifold.. do these come loose very often. Hard to pin point exactly where the noise is coming from...

chrome700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 05:22 PM   #2
Umbra0101
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It sounds like an exhaust clamp came loose, you're probably right. Just don't touch the pipes without a seriously insulated leather glove, but I'd let it idle and grab the thing and see if it stops. You could look for a broken clamp when it's cold in the morning, but it could be rattling without one being broken.
Unread 04-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #3
chrome700
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Found no brackets loose. My wife took it to tan and back. Now I don't hear any noises. Idle or reving it up. Only doing it when cold.
chrome700 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.