random non start - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > random non start

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-10-2007, 01:02 PM   #1
RebelYJ
1990 YJ Wrangler 

random non start

Well here it goes:

Sometime my yj feels like starting, and sometimes it doesn't. It's really starting to get annoying because I just want to go to the store or work (same in my case ) and I have to get it running which might take me like 30 minutes.

So here's the problem:
Hard and sometimes no start.

Observations:
  • Gotta be a fuel problem, I checked all cylinders they all have spark. And if I unplug one of the two injectors (Howell TBI) it starts up normal like its flooded, but would then die a minute or two later.
  • I have oil in my intake from the hose off the crankcase, like it is getting shot into it. And after cranking for about 10 seconds, it starts smokin from the throttle body?
  • Once I get it started, it runs like normal like it must be just a start-up fuel problem, but I don't know where to begin.

Any ideas would be great! I also heard that the voltages may be off to the injectors giving it to much, how would I check that?

Here are some pics, since they always seem to help

Unread 10-11-2007, 12:48 AM   #2
RebelYJ
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Update: ok, going to check the back pressure valve tomorrow if I can find and see if my fuel line holds pressure and also check out to see if it may be some faulty injectors or something.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.