Radiator Dumb question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Radiator Dumb question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-21-2004, 04:26 PM   #1
Cynic

Radiator Dumb question

the other night i was at walmart i picked up an air filter....i got home and installed it but while i was under the hood i heard a hissing from the radiator cap but the engine temp was normal before i shut it off...and a little bit of antifreeze along the top rim of the radiator...like it was coming from the cap a little.....the overfill was empty....do radiator caps go bad and if they do would it do this?....

if i need a new cap should i order a new billet one (which i dont really care how it looks) or are the pep boys caps work just as well?

btw this is a new radiator (8000 miles new anyway) but old cap....

Cynic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2004, 06:50 PM   #2
Silver yj

The caps do go bad,when you get mone make sure its for the rite amount of pressure.
Silver yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2004, 07:08 PM   #3
Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver yj
The caps do go bad,when you get mone make sure its for the rite amount of pressure.

ya i just ran out to salvo and picked up a new one made by stant.....the stant book said it was part # 11234 which is 18 psi...when i compared the caps the center of the old one didnt spring like the new one....so i think it was blowing out excess pressure instead of going into the overflow....

Stant
Part # 11234
Cost. 3.99 us
if anyone else needs to know this info....
Cynic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.