Problem with something. HELP ME PLEASE (bucking and jerking with acceleration) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Problem with something. HELP ME PLEASE (bucking and jerking with acceleration)

JK Front Axle TrussARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 05-08-2010, 12:54 PM   #1
iDriveYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Problem with something. HELP ME PLEASE (bucking and jerking with acceleration)

So when i got the jeep i realized at a certain point in every gear the jeep would start jerking and bucking violently as if i were in the wrong gear but i was not in the wrong gear. over time i realized it does it between acceleration and coasting. when i go from acceleration to coast it clunks some then its fine when i go to accelerate again it start jerking. i have replaced vacuum line fuel filter spark plug distributor cap and nothing is fixing it i'm thinking that mabey my transmission has to much play in gear i have no idea any suggestions will help currently im replacing the spider gears because the just busted.

iDriveYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2010, 02:13 PM   #2
WhiteMtnJeep
The Punk Made My Day.....

2003 TJ Wrangler 

May be way off here, but have you checked your trans mount?

Journeyman Polyphase Meterman IBEW Local 387

Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for man.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

Siena Jeep Owner's Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
WhiteMtnJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2010, 02:35 PM   #3
iDriveYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

No I haven't . I have already pulled the trans out once to replace the slave cylinder It was doing it before so I don't know if I put it together wrong. But I will deff check. Also I replaced the o2 sensor
Unread 05-08-2010, 03:19 PM   #4
iDriveYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

i checked the trans mount and sure enough the rubber bushings were extremely loose i dont know if it has fixed anything or not my jeep is still out of duty now. thanks
Unread 05-09-2010, 04:04 PM   #5
crzdmnky
1977 CJ5 

U- Joints, I didnt see that you said anything about them? Hows your bolts that are connecting your Tranny to your Engine block? are they tight, and all they all accounted for?
crzdmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2010, 06:30 PM   #6
iDriveYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

the drive shaft is brand new and the u joints are too. the bell housing is missing one bolt thats no problem im pretty sure its just the trans tourque bar that bushing bolt broke so ill get it replaced an see if it helps. i was always convinced it was fuel problems

Tags
driveline , needs fixing , problem , trouble , troubleshooting

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.