Priming AMC 232 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Priming AMC 232

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 02-10-2011, 05:47 PM   #1
stewsta

Priming AMC 232

I need to prime a rebuilt 232 that has not been run since rebuild which was years ago. I have the distributor shaft to prime but dont know which direction to turn it. I also have no pressure gauges at the moment so how long would be sufficent to get the oil through out the engine. Thanks

stewsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #2
bds5
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I did it foward with a drill clockwise, for about 1 to 1 1/2 min. my Guage came up to 40 after about 45 seconds just kept on to see if it was going to go higher. I guess it was enough I have had no Problems 1000 miles later.
bds5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2011, 08:53 AM   #3
stewsta

Thanks
stewsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2011, 09:31 AM   #4
cruiser54
Web Wheeler

1990 MJ Comanche 

Always prime the oil pump in the direction the distributor rotates.
cruiser54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.