Pre cat delete - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Pre cat delete

New Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlNew Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 05-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
afguy1980
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Pre cat delete

Hi all, I have an 05 wrangler I6 with the California emissions package on it. This is the exhaust that has 2 pre cats that go into a third cat then back to muffler. I want to get rid of the pre cats. My question is can I just run a down pipe from a 2000 model in place of the pre cats and have a muffler shop drill and nut two holes for the O2 sensors on the pre cats? Will this throw a code? I have a huge dent in one of the pre cats and I feel it might be robbing power and fuel mpg. Any other suggestions on how to delete the pre cats? I'm in texas so it will pass inspection with just the 3rd cat. Thanks in advance.

Josh

afguy1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 05:09 AM   #2
Newtons3
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, you can. It wont normally throw codes, but it can.
Newtons3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.