Please help?!?! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Please help?!?!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #1
Angelic_Demon

Please help?!?!

I'm having a problem with my 2001 Jeep Cherokee sport 6 cylinder. I drive to 5 different locations a day for work and by the 4th or 5th location I will go to start the engine and it will act like it's not wanting to start smoothly. The engine will start rocking and vibrating rough & if I continue to let it run this way the check engine light will kick on and the codes usually read cylinder 2 & 4 or 1 & are misfiring. But if I cut the engine and restart it happens again about 4 or 5 times until it finally stars running smooth again...

Angelic_Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 09:18 PM   #2
Angelic_Demon

Furthermore I've replaced the spark plugs,coil pack.cleaned the tips of the fuel injectors,fead fuel injector cleaner through the system and at the time(10 months ago)it seemed to help but didn't get rid of the problem...I even flushed out the radiator and change the oil often..It's gotta be some computer sensor😡
Angelic_Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 10:19 PM   #3
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Cleaned IAC idle air control should take a few minutes and they make a spray especially for sensors. Locate it on the throttle body and remove and clean. They get dirty and don't read properly back to the computer and will make idle and starting difficult. Some spray and q-tips is all you need.

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.