Please help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Please help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
Wag79

Please help

I am new to the forum... And new to the jeep world as well. I consider myself a good wrench but have about had it with this thing. I bought my son a 79 wagoneer with the 5.9 2 barrel. It was in rough shape. Put a lot of hours into it already... And loot. But I am having an ongoing problem. The vehicle will stall when underway. I have replaced the ignition module, ignition coil, cap, rotor,wires, plugs, fuel pump, fuel lines, fuel sending unit, alternator, rebuilt the carb, new fuel filter. The vehicle runs great when in park or when first taking off. Motor sounds great and purrs real nice when parked. But after a very little bit of driving it stalls. And has a very hard time staying running after it stalls. If I leave it in park it will idle real nice for a few min and even take a cpl minor throttle blips. Then it will stall out and struggle to start again. I am lost. I feel bad for the boy cuz he just turned 16 and just wants to drive it. Please any help is greatly appreciated and I do return favors very well. Thanks

Wag79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
Wag79

The only thing I haven't replaced is the pick up coil.
Wag79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.