please help!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > please help!!!

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 05-08-2002, 04:22 AM   #1
twobryans

please help!!!

can anyone please help me. a friend has a 1985 wagoneer with a 5.9 liter v8 the truck has no spark and of course, he had someone else try to fix it and they have replaced the ign module, distributor, coil, battery and starter solenoid. it was brought to me with the distributor out and i have put it back in and checked and have no spark out of the coil. the distributor does turn. i do have current to the coil and to the ign module, but no spark at all. can anyone give me any direction at all?? thanks in advance for any and all help.

twobryans is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2002, 05:04 PM   #2
mozz

Did you try the pickup coil in the distrubtor?
Hedman Fenderwell headers
4WD Fiberglass Body
4" lift W/ 35" BF Goodrich AT
Pioneer CD player W/ Pioneer 200 watt amp 10 in. sub speaker box Shoved behind rear seat for now (Till I can make a permanent box)
mozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2002, 05:13 PM   #3
OldJeepguy
1979 CJ7 

Sounds like the ignition stator or the wires going to it. This is located in the distributor and is also called the pickup coil. I have the same engine and am real familiar with the ignition system.
Unread 05-08-2002, 05:13 PM   #4
twobryans

i personally didn't replace the pickup coil, but the guy before me put a new pickup coil in the original distributor and then they replaced the whole distributor with a reman. unit that came with a new pickup coil. i really don't want to start buying more new parts as all of it is already new(but could certainly have a bad new part).if i could only find a wiring diagram for the ignition system, i think i can figure it out as soon as i know what each wire does. i appreciate the help so far and would absolutely appreciate any other help that anyone may be willing to offer. thanks.
Unread 05-08-2002, 05:23 PM   #5
mozz

I could email you a diagram if need so
4WD Fiberglass Body
Pioneer CD player W/ Pioneer 200 watt amp 10 in. sub speaker box Shoved behind rear seat for now (Till I can make a permanent box)
Unread 05-08-2002, 06:08 PM   #6
twobryans

mozz,
i would say that would make you "THE MAN" in my book. i would greatly appreciate that and anything else you could send that you might think could be helpful. might you also have a diagnostic "tree" chart for the ignition system?thanks very much!
Unread 05-09-2002, 02:15 PM   #7
mozz

let me know if it helped
4WD Fiberglass Body

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.