pinion angle - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > pinion angle

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 02-16-2008, 08:49 AM   #1
red02x
2002 TJ Wrangler 

pinion angle

How do you find the correct pinion angle? and how do you know its the correct angle. I know there is an angle finder that you can find at the home depot, but is there a formula for diffrent size lifts or a certain degree for the diffrent size lifts. What is the number that you need to get to have that correct angle?

If I were to put a coil spacer under the 4.5 coils would it change the angle in a major way?

Just curious because I have a 4.5 re sa lift and have a slight vibe in the range of 30-40 mph. I dont have a sye/cv but want one. I also want to put the acos coil spacers in. Should I put the coil spacer in before I get the sye/cv or does it matter?

Thanks again

red02x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2008, 08:40 AM   #2
Zlake
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So here is a link to Tom Woods website that tells about angles. Clicky. Personally I would have done the SYE/CV when I did the 4.5 SF and I would def. not go higher before I got that done. It may not bother you much but you are causing undue stress on a lot of parts if you just leave a vibration and it will eventually take its toll.

And to actually set the angle on the pinion/driveshaft you have to lengthen/shorten the upper control arms to set it. Hope that helps.

Matt
Zlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2008, 11:24 AM   #3
red02x
2002 TJ Wrangler 

sounds good matt, Thanks for the link.
red02x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2008, 01:41 PM   #4
jeeptillidie
2001 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.stu-offroad.com/axle/pinion/pinion-1.htm
jeeptillidie is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.