Peugeot BA/10 Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Peugeot BA/10 Help

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 03-19-2014, 06:42 PM   #1
joshmart613
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Peugeot BA/10 Help

i have a front seal in my tranny leaking...i know i am looking at taking the bell housing off anf the front cover of the tranny to get to this seal and i have a few questions...any and all help is GREATLY APPRECIATED...first, i understand there are studs that hold the bell housing on...do i need to get a stud extractor (and if so i will it damage the studs) and if it doesnt damage the studs, are there any tricks to extracting/reinstalling the studs...secondly once the front cover is off and i go to take it off, will there be anything behind the cover that will come out with it...i plan on leaving it on my transmission jack and doing all the work from there as i have pulled the tranny quite a few timesand have a jack that i modified with a nice wide base that the tranny sits nice and stable on...and finally will i need to apply rtv to the cover before reinstalling...again, any help is greatly appreciated and i know the ba10 tranny is a pos, but a replacement isnt feasible at the moment...but once it is, i am taking the tranny to the scrap yard with a smile on my face!!!

joshmart613 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.