Performance Exhaust - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Performance Exhaust

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-21-2002, 07:53 PM   #1
BzJeep
2001 WJ 

Performance Exhaust

Hey everyone, I want a lower 'sound' in my 4.0L YJ. What can I do to make it lower and maybe gain some torque or horsepower? I don't really know much about engines or the exhaust so im a n00b for this stuff. Any cheap systems to add on or replace the stock with? I want to buy it so it can't be over 2-300.

Thanks!

[b]Green Jeep Club Member #16[/b]
[url]http://www.cardomain.com/id/bzjeep[/url]
BzJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2002, 07:57 PM   #2
BzJeep
2001 WJ 

This good?

I found this system for a pretty good price. Anyone know anything about it or what it does?

GIBSON EXHAUST SYSTEM FOR JEEP YJ

GIBSON EXHAUST MUFFLER

Again... Thanks for any help

[b]Green Jeep Club Member #16[/b]
[url]http://www.cardomain.com/id/bzjeep[/url]

Last edited by BzJeep; 07-21-2002 at 08:04 PM..
BzJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2002, 08:27 AM   #3
Kev
Master of the Obvious

I went with the Dynomax Ultraflow Welded Muffler (part WLK-17217 at Summit Racing - it cheaper) and Dynomax Tailpipe. It has a good sound and I've been happy with the performance gains over the stock setup that was on it.

"We, too, born to freedom, and believing in freedom, are willing to fight to maintain freedom. We and all others who believe as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." FDR

Blue Jeep Club Member #4
92 Canyon Blue Wrangler YJ 4.0L - with some fun goodies

Last edited by Kev; 07-22-2002 at 08:38 AM..
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2002, 10:06 AM   #4
Jeeper95s

I got a flowmaster force 2 system that i got from driverfx.com. Great construction, good price and awesome sound. Not only better hp and torque but a very noticible increase in mpg. Also engine runs cooler.

Bye the way jeep looks awesome, Im looking to do almost the exact same setup except with BFG KM's and oulaw 2's. If u could could you e-mail me how long of a rear cv you ordered. Thanks.
Jeeper95s@hotmail.com
Jeeper95s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2002, 12:36 PM   #5
TonyTJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I went with the Borla. It has the 1 million mile warranty and is made of all stainless steal. My question is why would you buy an alluminum exhaust that will rust out when you could have one that will last forever? The cat-back should cost about $250, and it is the best

'12 WK2 Limited QTII 5.7L 730N Black with Light Ash Interior.

2004 GTO
404 rwhp / 396 rwtq
TonyTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2002, 01:32 PM   #6
Jeeper95s

not trying to start anything, but a jeep tub would rust out before a piece of aluminum, thats why they alumiize steel tubing for exhaust, but yeah stainless is a great choice
Unread 07-22-2002, 03:41 PM   #7
GREGDOG95YJ

WWW.JEGS.COM has the dynomax super turbo cat back kit for 104.99 plus shipping check it out

"just like all addicts my need to satisfy my addiction far exceeds my wallet!!"
GREGDOG95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2002, 09:57 AM   #8
SnowMan

Jeeper95s, do you have the part number for that flowmaster you ordered from DriverFX. Up here in canada they have been the best to deal with and would like to get that same setup you have. Do you have any pics of the muffler and pipe.
Unread 07-23-2002, 09:16 PM   #9
Jeeper95s

no sorry i dont have any pics. just go to the website a do a search based on make, model, and year. The only thing that might bug some people is that the stainless tip is heat stained but other than that its a great exhaust. It also sounds better than any other setup on a straight six including borla
Unread 07-23-2002, 10:21 PM   #10
KnightFire
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I looked ALL over their page for a Flowmaster setup...didn't find didley! Got frustrated and ordered a Borla header and cat back system from Qauratec.com...

Hopefully the install will go smoothly, I'll post about it when I'm done.

KnightFire
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Titanium Metallic 4.7L 4x4
KnightFire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.