P300 code - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > P300 code

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-20-2011, 07:28 PM   #1
JeepsRcool71
2008 KK Liberty 

P300 code

I hope someone can help, I bought a 2008 Jeep Liberty a month ago from a dealership. Since the day I drove it off the lot it has been running rough at idle. The CEL has been coming on intermittently with a P300 code. The dealership has change an O2 sensor, and plugs. Every time I bring it back they tell me that they don't see anything wrong with it. I'm not sure if it's relevant, but it rained really hard the other night and it's been running even worse since then. Has anyone had any similar experiences like this. Its a 3.7 automatic, with 42,000 miles on it. When I purchased it, it had 39,900. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

JeepsRcool71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 08:13 PM   #2
wheelin
1995 YJ Wrangler 

p0300-multiple cylinder misfire. pull the coils off the spark plugs and look for water intrusion.
Unread 04-14-2012, 10:28 PM   #3
JCemenski

Hope you don't have broken valve retainer springs like mine (or valve-lock as some call it). I bought a 02 liberty with 3.7 motor with 27,000 mi on it (remanned long block) drove it 3 days and started running rough and then diddnt want to stay running at all. Called a diagnostic expert and he garanteed me that he new the problem. A very long story short turned out he was right. Basically need a new motor cost about 3000 plus install about same. I know cuz the papers were still in the glove box from the last owner having same problem. Thanks mopar. Still love the paperweight tho ;-) so after I fix it. This will be the 3rd motor in vehicle...all the best of luck to you.
JCemenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 10:37 PM   #4
JCemenski

Same code mine shot and I had 2 intake spings broken and 2 valves locked. One went first and it would still run but roughly. Kept driving it and another went accept when this happens you lose compression on that cylinder thus making it ineffective so I was driving around on 5 cylinders and then once the second lock-up occurred I went to a 4 cyl and she don't want to run that way so out of commission she is still not fixed. Don't know if I want to put all that time in on a gamble if the pistons may have hit valves therefore bending them making thing resemble paperweights. Lol. Fml
JCemenski is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.