P1494 question. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > P1494 question.

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 09-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #1
Dickpalmer

P1494 question.

I have a 2000 TJ 2.5. I have a P1494 code present. Leak detection pump pressure switch condition.
Explanation: ECM detected the leak detection pump switch did not change after the solenoid was energized.
Probable cause: leak detection pump defective.
Open or shorted circuit condition.
Solenoid defective.

I have already replaced the solenoid.
A lot of google searches are saying its probably a leak in a line, but this description on the printout is conflicting.
The smoke test for the lines is$90. Is there any more input on this?
Please help.

Dickpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 03:25 PM   #2
Dickpalmer

[QUOTE="Dickpalmer"]I have a 2000 TJ 2.5. I have a P1494 code present. Leak detection pump pressure switch condition.
Explanation: ECM detected the leak detection pump switch did not change after the solenoid was energized.
Probable cause:
leak detection pump defective.
Open or shorted circuit condition.
Solenoid defective.

I have already replaced the solenoid.
A lot of google searches are saying its probably a leak in a line, but this description on the printout is conflicting. It's really leaning towards the LDP.
The smoke test for the lines is$90.
Is there any more input on this?
Please help.
Dickpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.