P0302 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > P0302

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! ECGS Black Friday Sale!!Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 06-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #1
saintdoggx
2012 JK Wrangler 

P0302

Driving home from work the other day my check engine light came on. I had noticed some rough idling and an occasional smell when the top was down. Also it wasn't loud but heard a slight ticking when the engine was running. I was told about a trick to show a code where the odometer is and got error code P0302 Cylinder #2 Misfire. Needless to say I took it to the dealer and they told me that my cylinder head would need to be replaced and that Chrysler would pay a rental minus insurance and gas of course. I'm now waiting patiently until my Jeep gets back. Its a 2012 JK Unlimited with only 27k miles. This is just a heads up anyone else experiencing any of these issues. I'm aware that this has been addressed before and is still hapening with these cylinders. I will update everyone when I get my Jeep back.

saintdoggx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 01:32 AM   #2
jnicewan
1995 ZJ 

Like you stated its not "news" but its good to put these posts out there for others to see. Without looking it up was there a recal or any type of warranty extension for this problem? My biggest concern is with my 2011 GC, its at 45k miles and so far has not had any problems (yet), I am going to have to keep my fingers crossed because I will try to keep it for a few more years.
jnicewan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 04:51 AM   #3
saintdoggx
2012 JK Wrangler 

Yeah seems like a lot of wranglers are having this issue. No warranty extension or recall as of yet. Still waiting to get my jeep back. They said it probably wouldn't be until the end of the week. Waiting for the part to come in so they can get started. I am going to ask about a warranty extension for sure.
Unread 06-22-2013, 10:46 AM   #4
saintdoggx
2012 JK Wrangler 

Ok 9 days at the dealer. 6 days was waiting on the cylinder head. 2.5 days of actual labor. Cylinder head replaced under warranty. Had a 60% exhaust leak from the head. Fixed. No other issues showing after or result of the repair. I also had headlight condensation in a headlight, they replaced it with a brand new headlight under warranty. Also got a free oil change and Chrysler added a Added Care Plus warranty onto my Jeep. Now that "normal engine tick" is virtually gone. Plus a free 9 day rental of a Dodge Ram 1500 Truxk, minus the gas of course. Not bad Jeep, not bad at all.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.