OX Install Cost - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > OX Install Cost

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 07-13-2007, 07:31 PM   #1
EHUPP01
1997 TJ Wrangler 

OX Install Cost

I think I have decided on the OX locker front and rear for my TJ. I going to regear at the same time and I have been qouted 3150 after taxs at the BEST shop here in El Paso. Does this sound about what most people pay? I have NO intention of trying it myself. Thanks for the input in advance!

In Memory
"Lets Roll"
EHUPP01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2007, 02:10 PM   #2
EHUPP01
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone?

In Memory
"Lets Roll"
EHUPP01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2007, 12:14 PM   #3
The_'ster
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thats about the same as the local 4x4 shop quoted me for front and rear OX lockers installed with new gears.

1600 for lockers
200 for cables
300 for gears
200 for install kits
750 for labor
Unread 07-16-2007, 11:10 AM   #4
EMTimZJ
GSMW!

1994 ZJ 

$3050... wow, to me that seems ridiculous, but I am willing to bet that different areas around the country have vastly different prices.

Project TORTOISE Build-up thread

JCR Rock Sliders Ford Taurus E-fan Install Dana 20 Twin Stick
EMTimZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2007, 11:26 AM   #5
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTimZJ
$3050... wow, to me that seems ridiculous, but I am willing to bet that different areas around the country have vastly different prices.
The Labor is the main thing that varies... depending on the vendor (and the markup they take) the parts aren't usually tremendously different.

Some of the JF.com Vendors that I have gotten quotes and parts from (Northridge4x4 and DC4WD) are offering parts below what my Local shop is paying for them at his costs before mark-up.

Labor in my area is $84/hr at the one shop I frequent (because the owner has taken care of me) up to over $100 at another 4x4Shop down the way just a bit. Being in NorCal, everything costs most, so I assume the labor charges vary quite a bit from place to place.

SW2
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
SuperWade2 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.