Overheating Problem with bumper stuff - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Overheating Problem with bumper stuff

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 08-09-2007, 11:27 PM   #1
Duck Dodgers
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Location: Somewhere between the Port of Indecision and South of Disorder
Overheating Problem with bumper stuff

Being fairly new to the land of Jeep and having a grand desire to add more goodies to my new toy, my next wad of cash ( the kids don't need food or clothing ) is going to a front bumper and winch. But looking at some of the set ups out there I was wondering if there is a problem with restricted air flow due to lights winch etc. which may cause over heating. Is that a problem or can I load her up?

Duck Dodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2007, 10:52 PM   #2
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

It would be good if you filled out your Jeep specs in your profile. I don't know much about TJs, but I'm sure that they are similar to YJs. I put a Taurus Fan on mine. Well not exactly a Taurus fan, a Mark VII fan. Same 2-speed motor, just different fins and cowling. Do a search and you'll find alot. I have it thermostatically controlled on low speed. I actually had to manually kick on high speed last weekend going up a 40 degree grade to Barrett Lake Trail. I have a 8000 lb. Mile Marker winch in front also. As long as your moving at normal driving speed, you won't overheat. At low speed or stop is when things warm up. Thats what is nice about having an electric fan.

White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2007, 12:31 AM   #3
Hydro
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Nice fan, I think it will be one of my next setups for my TJ. It will be alot easier to change the belt and so on

Officially driving the Jason Ellis Bandwagon
Hydro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2007, 08:44 PM   #4
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro
Nice fan, I think it will be one of my next setups for my TJ. It will be alot easier to change the belt and so on
Yea I like it too. this is drew2000's Taurus fan install. He did a great job installing it, I just think the Mark VII fan looks cleaner. Although he cleaned it up better than me.

Drew2000

Mr.B
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
02redjeep

I have an o2 tj I put warren rock bumper and a dual force wench and now I think I am going to have to go with an electric fan it gets hot at high speeds
02redjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.