Ongoing Transmission Problems (need info) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Ongoing Transmission Problems (need info)

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 05-13-2014, 08:26 AM   #1
ppalmer
2007 WK 

Ongoing Transmission Problems (need info)

I recently purchased a 2007 Jeep grand Cherokee Laredo. It is my fourth JGC and I had good luck with them in the past. My last was a 2001 Limited and I wish I had kept it.

This 07 started going into "limp home mode" about 2 weeks ago, I finally had to take it to the dealer and they diagnosed it as needing a valve body kit and replaced the valve body, solenoids, Shift sensor, sump, and everything else they could manage to charge me for. Total bill $1420.00. Next day it went into limp home again. Took it back paid another $400,00 to have the TCM replaced. (This is what I originally believed it was, but was told by the dealer the first time I was wrong).

It ran great for a few days and then sunday it began to shift in and out of overdrive quite often on the interstate. As if I were accelerating into passing gear. But I was not. Yesterday on the way to work it began to shift back and forth between 5th and 4th with no acceleration on a flat level road, as I came home last night it was doing it between 3rd and 4th on a flat level road with no acceleration traveling at 45-50 mph.

The dealer said he would stand behind his work, but I'm afraid he's going to blame this on some brand new issue. Does anyone have any input into what this problem may be. The only thing I noticed besides what is stated is a long whining spinning down sound from the engine when I turn off the motor. Is that related? Any input appreciated.

ppalmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.