OldManEmu YJ lift questions. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > OldManEmu YJ lift questions.

Rugged Ridge Bumpers, Winches, Performance from CCOR!JK Front Axle TrussARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits

Unread 09-24-2012, 11:52 PM   #1
xxxxxxxTunesUpTopDown
1993 YJ Wrangler 

OldManEmu YJ lift questions.

I'm considering Old Man Emu heavy load leaf springs for all four corners (I heard that the front and rears are transferable because they're identical) of my 93 4.0 wrangler with NitroCharger shocks and the bushing for the springs. Also some steel-braided brake lines and steering stabilizer eventually. First off. If I buy these things, based on anyones expirience or observations/opinions, will I need any further mods? Transfer case drop. Slip yoke elim etc. Can I buy the springs, shocks and bushings (initailly, like for the next few months) and stop there for a while? Also, when I google "old man emu yj leaf springs" the only decent website that comes up is "quadratec". Anybody have any expirience with this website or suggest an alternative. Any thoughts on the topic are appreciated!

xxxxxxxTunesUpTopDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 05:58 PM   #2
NonRubicon
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Aside from the core components (springs/u-bolts/shocks/bushings and maybe shackles), you might need to deal with driveline vibes. There's no way to know until you install the lift and drive the Jeep. Some people need the further adjustment to the drive line angles using different shims or a t-case drop or a SYE, others can get by without. I personally didn't need to install the t-case drop as I don't have any vibes. Getting a SYE/CV drive shaft is certainly an upgrade worth it should you have the money, but a t-case drop is usually sufficient to get by until you can afford the SYE. I bought a t-case drop kit but ended up not needing it.

I bought my OME lift through Quadratec as they had all the parts I needed. They goofed on my lift order and failed to ship one of the OME shackle pairs I purchased. Once I contacted them (unfortunately I had to wait through the weekend), they made good and got the missing parts to me, three day shipping at no additional charge. Definitely check your bill of lading to make sure you get all the parts you order.
NonRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.