oil spraying on motor. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > oil spraying on motor.

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*

Unread 05-16-2012, 06:15 PM   #16
CATMman
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Is swaping the head easy...like just put the new one on or is it more detailed than that.... Also the pcv filter on the back does it need to suck or blow, b/c it blows... Also what would happen if I just ran the pcv breather tube on the side of the engine and had it just drip...

CATMman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #17
jnicewan
1995 ZJ 

The breather at the back should suck air in with the engine running, the PCV valve in the front should supply enough vacuum into the engine to allow the breather/filter to draw air into the engine. Is the PCV hose connected to a manifold vacuum source? If your engine has excessive blow-by it can overcome the PCV vacuum and blow oil vapor out though. I am still not sure if you have the connections hooked up in the right spots, and PCV hose hooked to manifold vacuum and also if your baffles (inside the valve cover) are either missing and/or possibly clogged.

If need be you could run the hose from breather filter down the engine into a catch can and some people let them puke onto the ground too. Old school engines before PCV systems were implemented used to do it that way from the factory (aka draft tubes).
jnicewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #18
CATMman
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Ok so i ran my pcv breather so it spits everything on the ground... Now it wants to stall out in me when i let off the gas, do I just need to adjust my idol or is my engine jacked up.
CATMman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.