Oil Pressure Swing - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Oil Pressure Swing

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 08-17-2001, 11:22 PM   #1
Leadfoot

Oil Pressure Swing

I've got a 93 Grand LTD - shes got 212000 on her, and I've got this problem with a huge swing in oil pressure. When you 1st start it, at idle, she's fine. Give her some rpm's and as the rpm's get higher - the oil pressure gauge will peak at 80psi, and come back to 50/60psi for idle. After shes warmed up - Idle shows 20psi and rpms will get her into the 50's consistantly. Is it time for a new pump, gauge or sensor?
Also - got seeping oil from the oil filter? No matter what I do - can't get it to seal - it is possible to replace only the area where the oil filter screws onto the block? Looks like is should come off - but can't get my big fat head in close enough to see!

Leadfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2001, 03:39 AM   #2
Pantera

I bet the oil filter thingy is causing your oil pressure probs... Just a guess though... I may have the same problem with my 2.5... I'll be checking it tomorrow in my semi-semi-annual oil change...

Arent' these guys cute???
Pantera is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.