oil leak - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > oil leak

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-21-2013, 01:17 PM   #1
lumpyd
1981 CJ7 

oil leak

I have an 81 CJ7 with the 258. Every time I am finished driving it and park it somewhere, there is a little puddle of oil. It's been tough to figure out exactly where it is coming from because the it it always sprayed all over the place from the fan and driving it. But, I almost looks like it is coming from the breather on top of the valve cover. The material inside of it is saturated and there is a little oil coming from around the base of the breather as well. And yes, it is a new breather with a new grommet.

Any ideas why it would be getting forced out through there?

Last edited by lumpyd; 08-22-2013 at 07:50 AM..
lumpyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.