Oil leak? 05 Tj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Oil leak? 05 Tj

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
Woodcock1187
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Oil leak? 05 Tj

I have notice oil leaking from somewhere on my TJ. There is residue up towards the rear main but also I noticed that it looked like it was coming from the drivers side right by the cats. So I am curios if anyone had experience the same problem and knows the fix.

Thank You

Woodcock1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #2
WhiteMtnJeep
The Punk Made My Day.....

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Check your valve cover first. Sometimes the screws work loose and the gasket leaks.

Journeyman Polyphase Meterman IBEW Local 387

Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for man.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

Siena Jeep Owner's Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
WhiteMtnJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 01:21 AM   #3
seattle_yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernBchJeep
Check your valve cover first. Sometimes the screws work loose and the gasket leaks.
It probably is the valve cover. Clean it all up nice with purple power and try and pin point the leak locations. Replace the valve cover with a felpro brand blue rubber gasket if it is the culprit.
seattle_yj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.