oil cooler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > oil cooler

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 10-05-2012, 10:54 PM   #1
steira

oil cooler

hello from austria!

i have been reading quite a lot here, but so far i haven't posted someting.
i have a 98 XJ 4,0, which is a bit modified, and had a couple other Jeeps before (ZJ,WJ,2xTJ)
My current problem is a lack of oil pressure, which will be raken care of soon. i thought that i might be a good idea to add an oil cooler too, so i started to search the net. well, it is not difficult to find one, but I'm looking for something which I would call a modine oil/water cooler. the type which flows the coolant directly through the adapter.
does anyone know where to get that thing for a 4.0L???

thanx for your suggestions!

steira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 01:29 AM   #2
jnicewan
1995 ZJ 

Are you talking about the water to oil cooler that is sandwiched between the filter and eng block? If so there are/were two different mopar kits that have these types of cooler setups. Both of these kits are about the same except one is standard duty, other is heavy duty. I am not sure if they are still available or not.

mopar part #'s
P4529690 standard duty
P4529691 heavy duty
jnicewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 05:04 AM   #3
steira

thanx for the info. i guess it has been discontinued...

anyone out there who knows where to get a similar one?
wasn't lucky @ summit etc.
Unread 10-10-2012, 12:12 AM   #4
jnicewan
1995 ZJ 

I was looking at tranny coolers yesterday and came across a company named BEHR, they make oil coolers like the one you are looking for but I am not sure if they have one for Jeep apps. You might try looking them up.
jnicewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 04:53 AM   #5
jeepdaddy2000
Web Wheeler

1971 CJ5 

I believe the flexalite 3951 or 3953 kit will fit. Realistically, since the advent of the water cooled engine, there is little need for one unless you are running in severe heat. It also adds coolant lines in the engine compartment.
I would check my pan temps with an infrared gun to determine my needs.
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #6
steira

haven't thought of behr ao far. if that fails too, i go with air to oil. less effective and more work to install it.
the reason for the cooler is, that we go on longer trips off road, and after a couple hours in 4 lo going up hill in hot ambient condotions, the engine is really hot, even with a good radiator and both fans active.
thanx for the hints!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.