Oil in the air filter? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Oil in the air filter?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 02-22-2003, 09:23 AM   #1
kingjrk

Oil in the air filter?

Hey Guys,
I just got my first YJ and I've been poking around the engine a bit and I found that the PCV filter is saturated in oil and there's even a bit pooling in the bottom of the filter assembly. Im not too familiar with the 258 but is this normal, and if not what could it be?
TIA
James

1987 YJ, old (180,000) I-6 (258), 3.5" Pro comp suspension lift,Aftermarket seats, Hand-Throttle, Dynastar 1"BL, Rhino lined, Tomken Bumper/Carrier-front-rear, Weber carb, Nutter, TFX exhaust. [url]http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?/page_id=320458[/url]
kingjrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2003, 12:21 PM   #2
MudLover

The same thing happnes on my CJ. I don't worry about it that much because it doesn't seem like there's enough there to actualy enter into the crab.

Marc
[B][COLOR=darkred]Red Jeep Club Member #2[/COLOR][/B]
MudLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2003, 02:05 PM   #3
Birdawg

Found this site the other day. Lots of do iit yourself stuff there. Not too far down the page is the topic "Air filter solution". It tells you how to fix the problem you describe. Hope this helps.

http://4wheeldrive.about.com/cs/jeep...ance/index.htm
Tops. 31" x 10 1/2" x 15" Coopers
Sumer Projects:2 1/2" Rubicon Express.(Done) New Metalic Paint.(Done)
31" Tires (Done), Bed Liner. Dome Light for Soft Top
[color=blue]Blue Jeep Member #15[/color]
Birdawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.