Oh great.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Oh great..

Poison Spyder DeFenders™ - "Tubeless" Jeep FendeAll Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!

Unread 07-22-2007, 06:05 PM   #1
Psycroptic
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Oh great..

Well apparently my jeep is now leaking oil, looks like it is coming from the very front of the oil pan cause it starts there, and has splattered all the way down the oil pan to the very end of the transmission, at first i thought it was transmission fluid cause i seen the transmission wet first, then i looked further up and wiped some off from the transmission, so it's my bad luck again but atleast it isn't the transmission, i just hope it is not that big of a deal. What are your opinions? seal? what else could it be, it wasn't leaking up to a day or two ago that i'm aware of, i know it wasn't leaking a week ago.

Jeep...because sometimes you just have to do it right.
Preparedness because the zombies aren't gonna kill themselves.
I brake for tailgaters.
Psycroptic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2007, 07:13 PM   #2
XJK
The Guru of Nothing

1999 XJ Cherokee 

sounds to me like the main seal, when the main seal goes it make a mess of everything around there, oil pan included.

-Kyle
XJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2007, 05:47 PM   #3
Psycroptic
1999 XJ Cherokee 

yeah i'm hoping it's just the seal.
Jeep...because sometimes you just have to do it right.
Preparedness because the zombies aren't gonna kill themselves.
I brake for tailgaters.
Psycroptic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.