OBDII 4.0 to 5.9L Swap. Wiring Questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > OBDII 4.0 to 5.9L Swap. Wiring Questions

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsLabor Day Sale!

Unread 10-19-2007, 10:38 AM   #1
gunthagunth
1997 ZJ 

OBDII 4.0 to 5.9L Swap. Wiring Questions

Just wondering what I should be swapping over to make this as smooth as possible. I have the 5.9L parts jeep in my yard. I didnt know if I would have to trace all of the wiring and pull all of the sensors wiring out and wire from scratch or if it is as simple as pulling the ECM and all the wiring coming out of it and laying it out. Also would I need to swap the distribution box from under the hood or would that not matter 4.0 or 5.9L. Thanks for any help.

~Jason

97 ZJ 5.9L 242/4.5" RE Coils/1.75" Spacers/Clayton arms/Addco's/RE brake lines/35x12.5 bfg muds/Currie steering/K&N/Claytons Front Drop tracbar/Dropped pitman/Bilstein 5125's/JKS BPE/JKS loop conversion/JKS Sliders/ZJilla rear bumper/Clayton front winch bumper/durango steering box/warn 9000i/Hambek Customs carbon fiber cowl hood #2of16/Hp30-8.8 4.56/ARB f+r
gunthagunth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2007, 09:48 PM   #2
TXjeepTJ

pull the ecm and the whole engine wiring harness including the obd2 connector out the donor and put it in your jeep for the 5.9L, i def. wouldnt try wiring it up from scratch lol
TXjeepTJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.