OBD Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > OBD Help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 04-06-2013, 05:19 AM   #1
Penguin_Jeep

OBD Help

Have a 2005 3.0 litre diesel WH/WK that just coughs to crank over, think its a swirl that's jammed shut but before I dismantle the engine I wanted to be sure.

Looking to get a new Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool to check out any fault codes, however It seems to elude me to what protocol the Jeep uses?

Any suggestions welcome....

I still have my old reader that connect via serial to Fujitsu laptop, but reader doesn't read the Jeep (purchased for Mercedes c320 Petrol/Gasoline) a few years ago.

image-1969591684.jpg  
Penguin_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 05:24 AM   #2
MeBoosta
1994 YJ Wrangler 

You might want to check this out. I have it and it does wonders. However, it doesn't pair up with Apple products, you will need an android or HTC tablet.

Soliport ELM 327 Bluetooth OBDII OBD2 Diagnostic Scan... http://amzn.com/B004KL0I9I
MeBoosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 06:14 PM   #3
Penguin_Jeep

Got Palmer performance from iTunes and a vgate wifi obd module, works a treat.

NOW this is where I need real help guys....

Fault codes as shown... Jeep coughs the starter for quarter of a second. That's it...

image-1919486865.png
Unread 04-11-2013, 06:28 AM   #4
Penguin_Jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin_Jeep
Got Palmer performance from iTunes and a vgate wifi obd module, works a treat.

NOW this is where I need real help guys....

Fault codes as shown... Jeep coughs the starter for quarter of a second. That's it...
Please look at the obd2 codes and share your thoughts

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.