O2 Sensor Leak and Rev Issue 2001 TJ 4.0L - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > O2 Sensor Leak and Rev Issue 2001 TJ 4.0L

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-21-2013, 08:46 AM   #1
chiefkeeper92
2001 TJ Wrangler 

O2 Sensor Leak and Rev Issue 2001 TJ 4.0L

My check engine light just came on with an efficiency code for my catalytic converter. The same day I also decided to put some seafoam through the engine and I noticed a leak on one of the O2 sensors coming off the manifold. Some other symptoms have been that when I'm between 1900 and 2400 RPM the engine has a chug too it (usually more on highway speeds). Also, when I will rev it up to about 2500 RPM and let off the gas, the RPM's fall so low the engine sometimes dies. Initially I thought it was the TPS sensor so I replaced that but it's only helped a little bit. Could this all be a result from that O2 sensor where I noticed the leak?

Thanks

chiefkeeper92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #2
uberxj92
1992 XJ Cherokee 

It could be that. 2 major sensors control everything. 02 & cps

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.