NP242 dimension question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > NP242 dimension question

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 10-23-2013, 10:03 PM   #1
SRogers86

NP242 dimension question

Hey everybody,
I'm finally posting on here, I've been looking at this site for quite some time without registering. So far all of the questions that I have had have been answered for me but now I'm stumped and can't find the information I'm looking for.

I built a motorcycle powered off-road buggy a couple years ago for my senior project in college. Now I'm designing my new one. One of the things that the buggy community has not really tackled yet is a 4wd system. There have been a couple attempts, but they are not really all that stable in my eyes.

I've landed on the thought of using a few different transfer cases (NP207, NP231, NP241, and NP242). I think I like the NP242 the best for my purpose. I'm wondering if anybody has any dimensions off of one. Maybe off of a spare or broken one in the garage? Basically what I would need is the overall height, width, length of the unit, as well as if the inputs and outputs are centered on the case vertically or what the measurements are from shaft centerline to top or bottom.

Any help would be great, and thank you all again for such a great forum. You guys have helped me SO much in the past.

SRogers86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.