NP231 fluid capacity - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > NP231 fluid capacity

New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-07-2009, 09:34 AM   #1
Krawl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

NP231 fluid capacity

So here's a question for the guru's. What is the fluid capacity of the NP231, I looked here and found 1.1 quart, but other sites say 2 quarts. What is the correct answer? I got 2 quarts in mine before it came out the hole.

Unread 12-07-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
NonRubicon
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Haynes manual says 3 pints (1.5 qts) for the NP231. Last time I changed my NP231 fluid it took about this much, maybe a little more. It may depend on how much you get to drain out. 1-2 quarts seems to be the range.

In any case, the correct level is up to the fill hole. Make sure you are on level ground or you may get a false fluid level.
NonRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.