not a jeep but i got a drivetrain/brake problem on my truck - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > not a jeep but i got a drivetrain/brake problem on my truck

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 05-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #1
southernjeep80

not a jeep but i got a drivetrain/brake problem on my truck

heres a link i posted on the truck forum. basicly i got an intermitant shutter from the rear. i jacked truck up and the driver side tire turnes fairly decent and freely but the passenger side tire is locked up unless i put it into drive.

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/g...hake-rear.html

southernjeep80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012, 01:24 AM   #2
jnicewan
1995 ZJ 

I dont know if the guys over there are serious or not about the use of an additive but the G80 does not need it, but it will not hurt it at all. The additive is simply a friction modifier and many fluids come with it already in the fluid and those fluids are compatible.

It sounds like you might need to pull the drum off of that one side, probably both to compare what you see. Seems like you might have something broken in the brake assy, maybe a shoe return spring. On a dual servo brake, without the return spring working if a shoe hangs on the drum it will make it grab and more than likely let go over and over again, kind of like you are experiencing. If someone is doing the work for you then have them check it out ASAP.
jnicewan is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.