not a jeep but i got a drivetrain/brake problem on my truck - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 05-18-2012, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
southernjeep80

not a jeep but i got a drivetrain/brake problem on my truck

heres a link i posted on the truck forum. basicly i got an intermitant shutter from the rear. i jacked truck up and the driver side tire turnes fairly decent and freely but the passenger side tire is locked up unless i put it into drive.

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/g...hake-rear.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-19-2012, 01:24 AM
jnicewan
1995 ZJ 

I dont know if the guys over there are serious or not about the use of an additive but the G80 does not need it, but it will not hurt it at all. The additive is simply a friction modifier and many fluids come with it already in the fluid and those fluids are compatible.

It sounds like you might need to pull the drum off of that one side, probably both to compare what you see. Seems like you might have something broken in the brake assy, maybe a shoe return spring. On a dual servo brake, without the return spring working if a shoe hangs on the drum it will make it grab and more than likely let go over and over again, kind of like you are experiencing. If someone is doing the work for you then have them check it out ASAP.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.