Noise from rear on full lock - 4.7 Grand Cherokee - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 02-12-2011, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
ssizen

Noise from rear on full lock - 4.7 Grand Cherokee

Hi all
Wonder if anyone can shed any light, just recently my 4.7L Grand Cherokee (97k miles FSH) has developed a noise form the rear axle. Much worse on full lock, say in a multi storey car park. The noise on lock is sort of a Grrrrr clunk Grrrrr Clunk..... with the Grrrr bit started loud and getting slightly quieter and the clunk not all that loud (Hard to explain but hopefully you get my drift). Just had the rear seal, ring axle shaft, bearing and new diff oil done and I think its worse since but was there before for sure. Anyone got any ideas?
Cheers
Shaun

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.