No Power - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > No Power

New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsComplete Axle Options Expanded !!!! ECGSNEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.com

Unread 10-13-2007, 03:12 PM   #1
MLEMIEUX102
1997 TJ Wrangler 

No Power

I Have A 4 Cyl. In My 97 Tj. I Know, Its A Jeep And Theyre Not Made To Go Fast, And I Know Its A 4 Cyl And That Doesnt Help Either. But I Know I Should Be Getting More Power Out Of My Jeep Than What I Get Now...i Know I Need A New Cat, I Wat Thinking A Magnaflow Preformance Cat. Also An Airraid Air Filter And Airraid Intake. One Of My Buddies Said An Ignition As Well Although Im Not Sure How That Would Help....im Still New Here And Im Definatly No Mechanic So If I Could Get Some Input Here I Would Really Appreciate It. Oh I Should Add That I Have 32's. Thanks Guys

Mark

MLEMIEUX102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 06:16 AM   #2
Recoil
1988 MJ Comanche 

I am running a 4 in my 98 and power isnt amazing but its enough, whats your tach doing? Are you redlining too early? A little more info would help. What have you done to your engine so far? When was the last tune up?
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 08:02 PM   #3
MLEMIEUX102
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoil101
I am running a 4 in my 98 and power isnt amazing but its enough, whats your tach doing? Are you redlining too early? A little more info would help. What have you done to your engine so far? When was the last tune up?

IDK WHEN THE LAST TUNE UP WAS....I SHOULD PROBLY HAVE THAT DONE ACTUALLY, THE TACH SEEMS FINE, MY ENGINE IS TOTALLY STOCK....IM NOT SURE WHAT ELSE TO SAY, I GUESS ILL JUST HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT UNTIL I CAN GET A NEW ENGINE...

[CENTER]IT [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="1"][B]SAYS IM CLASSY.....BUT IM HERE TO PARTY[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
MLEMIEUX102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2007, 11:54 AM   #4
Recoil
1988 MJ Comanche 

Id do a tune up on it..plugs wires filters all that jazz...there are some things you can do to boost performance...intake exhaust throttle bodies but after all that money and time you could have put a rebuilt 6 in it...your call
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.