No forward power - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > No forward power

Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-15-2010, 08:34 PM   #1
KloppWJ
1999 WJ 

No forward power

I have a 99 WJ with the 4.0 liter. When the vehicle is put into drive or 1st gear the jeep doesnt move. When you give it gas the engine revs to about 2500 rpms before moving. Then it feels like a 3rd gear start on a manual would feel. Reverse works fine. It sounds like a torque convertor but them I would think reverse would be shot as well. The fluid is nice and pink and doesn't smell burnt. Any ideas?

KloppWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 08:42 PM   #2
Obnoxious1
1981 CJ5 

check to see if the vacuum line got knocked off your modulator valve on the side of the tranny. Also try replacing the modulator valve.
Hopefully it's that simple
A Four wheel mechanized device surrounded by glass and metal designed for the frequent consumption of the owner/operator's money. Jeeps are also linked to diseases such as Jeep envy which can be diagnosed by unusual urges for items such as bigger tires,lift kits, shocks and AMC 401s. As well as the urge to pour money into more than one Jeep. Side effects may be spouse accruing numerous "honey-do's", as well as trips to inlaws. Grease under your nails, numerous trips to NAPA and junk yards, and spare parts in the attic may indicate an addiction. There are no known cures. However there are support groups such as JeepForum.com
Obnoxious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 08:49 PM   #3
KloppWJ
1999 WJ 

I'll look into that. Any other ideas if thats not it.
KloppWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2010, 10:35 AM   #4
EricYoung
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Nope, it probably is a problem with your modulator valve
EricYoung is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
excessive revving , torque converter , tranny , tranny slipping , transmission , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.