new to jeeps need some help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > new to jeeps need some help

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-23-2014, 05:12 PM   #1
silv1010
2004 TJ Wrangler 

new to jeeps need some help

so i just got a tj 04 sport automatic for only 55hundred.thought it was a sweet deal and have had it with no problems just wondering what i should really look for if i want to continue having this guy around such as changing the filters and tires..any help? n thnks first post and will upload pics!

silv1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2014, 06:06 PM   #2
Thedawgshow
1997 TJ Wrangler 

WOW!!! That seems like a smoking deal!!! How many miles?

Anyway, the first thing I would do is change all the fluids. Oil, transmission, transfer case, and differentials, along with all the filters to include air. It is possible you will find water or shavings in them and you want to remove the water and if you find metal shavings, you will want to hunt down the cause.

Also, get underneath your jeep and give a good long look at everything from frame, floor pans, body mounts, and more. Look for rust and damage and such. Also, pull the carpet and see the condition. All this will tell you what you need to work on in the future and a good start in understanding your TJ!!!

WOW!!! What a deal!!!

Oh, and fill out your profile so the guys and gals on here will be better able to help you with any questions in the future.

My pappy was a pistol, I'm a son of a gun.
Thedawgshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2014, 06:22 PM   #3
silv1010
2004 TJ Wrangler 

i got it at 109xxx
and yea the guy had it as a quick sell and ahh i see ill hav pics for you soon and yea gotta fill tht out

thanks a lot dawg
silv1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2014, 06:31 PM   #4
Thedawgshow
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv1010 View Post
i got it at 109xxx
and yea the guy had it as a quick sell and ahh i see ill hav pics for you soon and yea gotta fill tht out

thanks a lot dawg
Hey, your welcome!!! Enjoy the new TJ!!!

My pappy was a pistol, I'm a son of a gun.
Thedawgshow is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.